Are you planning to buy a second-hand car? Do not buy second-hand cars just based on the price of the car, only to get cheaper or based on ‘shiny from above’ condition. You should purchase that brand of vehicles from the city where you live in or nearby and where the service station and the spare parts of that car are readily available. Specific car models have a big name in the market, but the low demand models are available at a lower price tag as second-hand cars. Buying such vehicles can be frustrating for you in the future.
Do not express your liking for a specific car on your face, even when you go to the car showroom or second-hand car seller; Don’t talk anything about your budget in the beginning. While determining the price of the secondhand car, first of all, find out the insurer’s insurance claim value. A vehicle with high demand can get 10 to 15 percent higher price than the ID value. Similarly, the cost of low selling models may be less than the ID value.
To determine the right cost of the car, you can refer to the leading classified websites. Many automakers have now set up their used cars outlets. Here you can get a used car with better quality. With these shops, you can experience smooth transactions. Private broker (agent) also sell used cars in their stores, which they usually keep clean and shining. But nice looking car exterior doesn’t mean a car in excellent condition.
If you buy a secondhand car then shortly (in the next year), the battery, wheel bearing, clutch and other things can cost 5 to 10 thousand rupees. Keep those expenses in mind!!
- RC Book
- Insurance Policy
- Check the validity of all these documents. After purchasing a car and changing owner name in the RTO record, it is necessary to transfer the insurance policy in the name of those who buy the car in 7 days. Otherwise, note that the name of the new owner and the insurance policy on the RTO record remains in the name of the old owner and, unfortunately, no insurance claim is granted in case of a car accident.
- It is necessary to make sure that the engine and chassis number printed on the RC Book is same as the chassis number on the car body. Also, if the registration of a bank’s loan on a car is registered on the RC Book, then it is necessary to verify whether bank NOC is given in case of full loan settlement or owner of the vehicle is selling it along with the remaining loan amount.
- After selecting a car, it is necessary to check the vehicle in the service station or workshop, for that, do not forget to check that lift up.
Check out the following things from an expert mechanic.
- Car Battery: Battery voltage, specific gravity
- Engine Oil: Quality, level, leakage
- Gear Oil: Quality, Level, Leakage
- Coolant: quality, level, leakage
- Steering Fluid: quality, level, leakage
- Brake Fluid: quality, level, leakage
- Car Tyres
- Car Body: Check for rust
Advantages Of Buying second-hand Car:
- A second-hand car can be economical for people who have a running range of 1000 to 1200 (30-40km in a day).
- Compared to the new car, two to four years old cars are available at 40 to 60% lower prices.
- Depreciation value is low compared to the new car.
- Once payment is made, the car can be available for immediate use.
- If the people who are excited about SUVs or high-end cars but can not afford the new SUV, then they can try such kind of used SUV or high-end cars with less money.
- There are limited models available to choose.
- There is no guarantee how the car will be.
- There is no good reason to get a good car with an expected color, so you need to compromise on car color.
- Manufacturers do not provide warranty on more than five years old cars.
- There is no guarantee that you can get a good price when you resell that car.